WA-850RE keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-24 19:56:50
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1.2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have hardware version 1.2.

I have been using my WA-850RE as a repeater for my wifi signal from downstairs.
It has been working with no problems, until last week. The signal was lost and I tried to reconnect. I am able to connect to the WA850RE and enter the 'scan' menu.
However, when it starts scanning, it disconnects the wifi connection with my PC after the scanning has been completed for about 60%.

I have tried setting back the factory settings, updating (and downgrading) the firmware, hard resets etc. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas as to why it disconnects? I have contacted support but have not received a solution.
Options
3 Reply
Re:WA-850RE keeps disconnecting
2014-04-25 01:53:23
Have you tried change wireless channel? I think of course about main router settings
Options
2014-05-06 23:41:01
As a matter of fact I have. I also replaced the LP-Link extender with a brand new one.
The exact same problem happens.

The problem starts as following:
1. I plug in the TP-Link extender
2. I connect my pc by means of Wifi with the extender (Wifi network name ''TP-LINK_Extender_C10AD2")
3. I open my browser and start the setup to connect with my home network.
4. I pick region 'Netherlands' and choose ' next'
5. It says ' detecting the existing wireless networks' and a progress bar shows 0-100%
6. As soon as it hits 60%, the extender disconnects from my pc. After a few seconds, it pops back online and reconnects. In the meanwhile, my browser says it has been disconnected.

This new WA-850RE has the exact same problem as the one that has been replaced.

Any suggestions??
Options
2014-05-06 23:42:02
Funny thing is that it is not even connected to my home network before it starts disconnecting from my pc. Is there any way to change the channel of the extender itself? Couldn't find this option in the settings page..

-edit-

Using the back-button of my browser several times finally allowed me in the list of available wifi networks. I picked one and chose 'connect'.
A message was displayed that told me to wait for 2 minutes (to allow it to reboot). Now, almost 15 minutes later, it still hasn't gotten back online.
The only thing that I can do is reset it manually (with a paperclip in device itself). Then it is back to the 'TP-LINK_Extender_C10AD2' name and everything starts all over again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 869

Replies: 3