New TPLink router - can connect to the router though not to the internet - Help !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New TPLink router - can connect to the router though not to the internet - Help !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-25 19:43:35
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Just purchased the WR702n - similar issues to some of the other posts on the forum - however I haven't yet managed to connect (at all) to the internet through the router - unlike others that seem to struggle with maintaining this. I have spoken to the helpdesk and had e-mail contact back regards the IP address of the routers - confirmed this is not an issue.
- I have tried to access the internet via the TP-Link router through 3 different laptops/iPads and also through a media box (BT Vision).
- I appear to have successfully set up the TP-Link in various modes – Repeater, Bridge and Client - and on 2 different wireless routers (I have 2 lines in the house)
- I can successfully ‘see’ the TP-Link router whilst in ‘Bridge’ mode though can’t connect through to the internet
- I see a strong signal whilst in the ‘Repeater’ mode (displayed as original SSD) though again can’t connect through to the internet
- I have confirmed the IP address on the routers is not 192.168.1.1 as suggested by the helpdesk may be causing the problem
- As I am using multiple computers to attempt connection I don’t believe there is an issue to the way the computer may be set up (as suggested on the knowledge base)
- Ping to my wireless router from TP-Link failed
I am not an 'expert' on computer networks.
Desperately want this to work :confused:
Any help gratefully received ....am hoping this is a simple setup problem .....
Have just received further advice from TPLInk:- disable DHCP
- include static IP address of 192.168.1.2
Sadly failed to improve situation .... TPLink still visible but no connection ....
Options
1 Reply
Re:New TPLink router - can connect to the router though not to the internet - Help !
2014-05-06 20:02:33
Are you sure you have chosen the correct "WAN Connection Type"?
Options