Speed issue with my 740N Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-26 20:30:31
Region : India

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : N/A

ISP : Local Cable (Fixed IP)

Hello,

I am using TP-LINK TL-WR740N for last few days and I am facing really slow network speed with it. I need help to determine whether its an issue at my end or the router is faulty.

My Network

I have a local cable given Internet with fixed IP which comes into the WAN port.

My laptops are Dell Vostro and Lenevo both running with 802.11n with their latest driver and OS as Windows 8.1 update.

Problem

Although the Wifi connects at full speed as the network status shows 150mbps but when I am transferring file from PC (wired) to any of these laptops (Wireless), speeds are in their knee.. Even when I am pinging the router (IP 192.168.1.1), pings are returning few time out and 250ms response as in average !!!

I am running in 802.11n mode only and laptops are just few feet away from the router.

I dont have any microwave or such near my room, neither I see any other network in range :P

SO whats wrong ??? anything with the settings or the router is faulty ??
Options
5 Reply
Re:Speed issue with my 740N Router
2014-05-05 22:59:10
Can you show us your configuration?
Options
2014-05-05 23:57:45
Hey, I have the same problem, I finally instaled dd-wrt firmware and problem solved.
Options
2014-05-06 16:33:46
I'm also thinking which firmware I should use.
Someone said that it provides more functions than the tp-link official firmware.
Options
2014-05-14 02:37:48
Hey Matthew,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late reply from my end..

I tried a lot of things with software but could not get anything and since the place from where I purchased it had a 30 day replacement policy apart from the company given RMA, so I went to replace it with another one.,

New one seems to be fine, but I am not sure whether the old one had any software issue as in between I changed few settings in my Laptop Wifi Settings also..

Now, so far its working fine enough..

I'm also thinking which firmware I should use.
Someone said that it provides more functions than the tp-link official firmware.

I tried the Firmware, its complicated, though it had many more option which are hidden in official firmware, but I find for day to day home networking, Official firmware is so far sufficient for me..

Hey, I have the same problem, I finally instaled dd-wrt firmware and problem solved.

The first one was having the same issue even with dd-wrt..
Options
2014-05-15 23:11:04
Hi Hunky,

Hunky wrote

The first one was having the same issue even with dd-wrt..

Maybe you are right. It is the hardware problem but not the firmware problem.

I decided to use dd-wrt finally as there are more options which I like them very much. :D
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 854

Replies: 5

Related Articles