Using a TP-Link router as a wireless access point in s shared office with central rou

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Using a TP-Link router as a wireless access point in s shared office with central rou

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-29 23:51:17
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.13.12 Build 120405 Rel.33996n

ISP :

I am working in an office in a shared office space.
There is a central router in the building which supplies our IPs dynamically.
Because of the number of network plugs in the office, some people work wired while some people work wireless.
We have a printer/scanner which is connected to the network (wired).
I would like to use our TP-Link as an access point, but I am having some trouble with the exact configuration.
This is as close as I have gotten by doing the following:
Turn of DHCP on the TP-Link
[*]Wire my laptop directly into the router
[*]Leave Wireless on
[*]Plug the cable from the wall to router in the LAN port instead of the WAN port

This results in my laptop getting a proper IP from the building router and I can connect to internet. But I can't connect to the Admin screen of the router any more and wireless access does not work.
I think that I am almost there. Any ideas?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Using a TP-Link router as a wireless access point in s shared office with central rou
2014-05-02 21:58:46
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=417

This results in my laptop getting a proper IP from the building router and I can connect to internet. But I can't connect to the Admin screen of the router any more and wireless access does not work

I think thats are any security in corporate networks that is not easily escape.
Options
Answer found
2014-05-02 22:21:12
I found the answer my own question:

[*]Make sure that you have a reserved IP from the general network
[*]On TPLINK Admin, put that IP into the LAN tab
[*]On the WAN tab hit the renew button, you'll be asked to reboot the router
[*]While the router reboots, switch the cable coming from the WAN from the WAN port to one of the LAN ports
[*]Turn off DHCP on the router and reboot again
[*]To get back to the Admin, use the IP that you reserved
Options
Re:Using a TP-Link router as a wireless access point in s shared office with central rou
2020-07-13 10:03:11

Thanks @mchassy for solving my problem.

Options