Resetting after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-03 23:24:15
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Plusnet

I have had a few power cuts recently and each time all the settings on my C7 have had to be re-entered. This is the only router I have ever had which needs all details re-entered after power outages and is becoming a deal-breaker as the rest of the family (i.e. kids) cannot use internet or webTV until I am home to re-configure the router. Is there any way round this?
Options
6 Reply
Re:Resetting after power outage
2014-06-11 20:23:59
it is odd, and please check the firmware version, and make sure it's the last one.
Options
2014-06-18 08:24:42

dawnman wrote

it is odd, and please check the firmware version, and make sure it's the last one.

It isn't that odd. The same thing happened to me while resetting my router, a necessary action when my ISP performs "maintenance" on their system. I unplugged my router for about 15 seconds and all the settings returned to default which means I lost all my forwarded ports and which kept my servers from working for some time.

I thin every issue reported is an "isolated" one.
Options
2014-07-14 20:15:13
I have upgraded the firmware. Another power cut this morning and the settings all needed re-entering. This cannot be a "feature" of the router surely?
Options
2014-07-26 00:10:05
had same issue with last beta build 140701, after a long power outage, and i had to re-enter settings, i thought it was an issue because i had the beta version but as i see its more common! i have Hw version 1.1
Options
2021-06-20 06:55:38

Bought mine 6 months ago and after a power outage the unit works for less than a day each time i reset it.  Reading other posts here it looks like a full factory reset is required ,a s the all devices will need to be reconnected.  Arrggh.

Options
2021-12-26 20:49:32

Just installed router works great except if I unplug my axis camera it does not attach without using the APS. Button again.

I haven't tried simulating a power failure on the whole yet. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 6090

Replies: 6

Related Articles