WR841N as range extender and Samsung Smart TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-04 06:14:49
Region : Italy

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V8

Firmware Version : 3.13.33

ISP :

I've configurated the WR841N as range extender, by following the guidelines in http://www.tp-linkru.com/article/?faqid=440 and by defining an SSID for the WR841N different from the SSID used for the router connected to internet, in order to know where the wireless clients connect to.

Everything is fine when a laptop or a tablet connects to WR841N SSID, they get the network configuration and they can navigate in internet, but when I configure the Samsung Smart TV wireless connenction:
1) the TV gets displays its network configuration (IP address, dns server, ip mask, gateway) and replies to ping requests
2) an error message is displayed on the TV screen stating that "It is impossible to connect to the network"

So it seems that the TV can reach the gateway, but probably there are some problems in mapping iP address and MAC. I've played with IP and MAC Binding in WR841N configuration menu, but without success. Assigning a static IP address to the TV didn't help.

The last point is that the TV is configured to connect to the router SSID (the signal is week but sometimes it's enough), it gets its network configuration and says that the connection to internet is successfull

This seems to me a firmware bug. Any suggestions?

Thanks

mauro
Options
3 Reply
Re:WR841N as range extender and Samsung Smart TV
2014-05-04 16:46:44
What is the main model of the router?
Options
2014-05-06 20:08:43

jimasek wrote

What is the main model of the router?

On the label under the router I can read:
Model TL-WR841ND Ver. 8.2
Options
2014-05-07 15:49:32
Are there any ways for collecting additional infos that may be useful for troubleshooting? I had a look at the log, but there is nothing interesting in it. Is it possible to enable more detailed tracing for example
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 689

Replies: 3

Related Articles