Router is limiting bandwith speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-05 23:26:43
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 3.16.6 Build 130529 Rel.47286n

ISP : VTR

Hi,

I bought this model three days ago in replacement of my old TL-WR642G v3.3 because it has a little issue when any devices try to connect to Google, for some reason, it takes about 10 seconds until the page finally loads. This problem is for google.com and any sub-domain like translate.google.com and start to happening suddenly. So, I finally decided to bought a new router and I bought an TL-WR740N v4.

The "Google problem" has disappeared but I have a worse issue... is limiting me the bandwith usage, and I don't have the "Bandwidth Control" option activated. My computer is wired connected to the router and I have some other wireless devices connected, but I made some test and is not a problem of a particular device: it's the router.

What I did:

[*]Connect my PC direct to my ISP modem: 6 Mbps download according speedtest.net
[*]Connect my PC an modem to the router
[*]Disable Wi-Fi from router, so I'm the only per connected
[*]Run a new speedtest: ~2Mbps download
[*]I eneabled the Wi-Fi again an connect a notebook to the network and disconnect my computer LAN cable from the router
[*]Run speedtest from the notebook using wireless (unique device connected): ~2Mbps download

I also did a simple ping 192.168.0.1 -n 100 to my router, results:
[CODE]
Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 100, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 604ms, Average = 76ms
[/CODE]

Avarage 76ms? Maximum 604ms?. And please don't tell me that maybe is a problem of my cables or some external interference. I'm using the same cable to connect my PC to the new router that I used on my old TL-WR642G, and I never had this kind of problem. Also, I'm using the new cable that came in the box to connect my modem to the router and there is not any electrical cable near that can produce interference. This new router is on the same place that I used to have my old router, and my old router never have issues about bandwith limitation.

I reference this topic to this one with the same issue as I can see: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?76012-Speed-issue-with-my-740N-Router&region=china

So, support team, any idea, I have to return this router and ask my money back?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Router is limiting bandwith speed
2014-05-06 19:43:37
Did you try to reset to factory settings?
Options
Re:Router is limiting bandwith speed
2014-05-06 21:35:33
Yes, I tried everything, including flashing my router again.

Finally, as I said in the other topic, I flashed dd-wrt (build 23919) and problem solved.

So, it is a problem of TP-Link firmware for sure.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 538

Replies: 2

Related Articles