Tp-link WR740N firmware installation problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-19 12:27:48
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi i tried to replace original firmware with openwrt software but that was unsuccessful and when i tried to recover to original firmware to install it using the given CD and it says network status check failed. Through LAN i am able to access internet but the wireless is not working the symbol of wifi on the router is not blinking or rather it is off completely. i want to install original firmware as it is or recover the software can you please help me
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tp-link WR740N firmware installation problem
2014-05-19 23:04:17
Hi..

Mind you, just a note, I guess as per warranty terms, installing the 3rd party firmware will void the warranty :( ..

Try downloading the right firmware from -> http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?pcid=201&model=TL-WR740N&version=V4

Read the Docs in OpenWRT -> http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr740n (I am no expert here, but that firmware should allow you option to flash the firmware) to use the new firmware to flash the device..

:)
Options
2014-05-20 12:09:49
yes i tried all the methods above but that was unsuccessful i tried with tftp and putty and scp . with putty and scp it is asking password i tried default password admin admin
but that did'nt work. i am struck here please help me
Options
2014-05-21 14:28:10
As per your statement i understood that firstly i need to login to telnet with password as passwd and then i have to set my own password. Now that i cannot download LuCi
because trunk files change everyday and i need to download fresh files and reflash it. Now my question is how to reflash it with the original firmware
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 916

Replies: 3

Related Articles