TL-WR720N Did this router suffer from the bug with rom 0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-22 17:54:05
Region : CzechRepublic

Model : TL-WR720N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Preinstaled

ISP : UPC

Podle vývojáře CSIRTu Tomáše Hlaváčka útočník do routeru pronikl kvůli banální chybě v zabezpečení typu „rom-0“ a to konkrétně tak, že router po zadání speciální adresy nabídl ke stažení binární soubor se zálohou konfigurace, ve které bylo i heslo správce. Zařízení přitom po zadání této adresy nevyžadovalo přihlášení a stažení nabízelo i skrze WAN, tedy z internetu. (original)

According to developer CSIRT Thomas Hlaváčka attacker penetrated into the router because of a trivial error in the security of the "rom-0" and it specifically so that the router after entering the special accounts offered to download a binary file with the backup configuration, which was also the administrator password. Equipment while entering this address did not require a log-in and download offered through the WAN, ie from the internet. (google translate)

acoarding to the article from zive.cz some of the older roaters from your company suffer with fatal security error.
Can i ask, if this error can be found on the basic preinstaled version of my router?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 0

Related Articles