Issues with 850re range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-24 18:24:43
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm posting this thread becauise I feel like It's my duty to do so.
I have just bought this product, plugged it in and worked flawlessly.... for two hours, then I began having connections issues, disconnects from my network, connection to my network but no internet access. It's been a real Pain in the @ss.
I read all forums, many users claim being having so many issues with so many different ways to solve them. Well... none of them worked for me. I have been 24/7 for 3 days and couldn't get to make this beautifull but useless AP. When I extinguish all chances of making this piece of hardware work, I began doing some tests to my router. It seemed OK, every time I connected to it's wifi worked, or seemed to. So on instance I touched it, it was fire hot, so I thought to myself, this might be the main issue. Then I read in the forums how to cool it down, it was possible to do so, but before getting hands on, I tested if that was really the issue, so I wouldn't be working on something nonsense, so I plugged a table fan pointing directly to my router. It did cool down, and seemed to solve the problem... but no! It didn't! I was so disappointed! My 850RE began behaving extremely odd, "signal strengh" leds began flashing, no info on the web about this issue AT ALL! So all the test began once again. Again, all pointed out to my router. I have had this router working 24/7 for 9 years! It was a D-Link DIR524-UP (11a/b/g only, no 11n), so It didn't come to my mind it could be it! But it was :-( Routers DHCP server began failling when I plugged in the RE (quite odd, since wifi was working fine, but it was randomly failling on heavy traffic).
I bought a new router (btw, TP-Link TR-WL841HP), and guess what!? 72 hours up and running flawlessly. So, if you are having issues with your range extender, also check your router, it might be it.
Hope to help someone with my advice
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 0

Related Articles