1 of 3 android devices lets the WR702N collapse

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-29 18:36:47
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WR720N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,
I have problem using the WR702N with my Android tablet (Sony Xperia S SGPT13 - Android Version 4.1.1).
Only this Android device lets the router collapse . I have 2 other Android devices, which are working fine.

This is what happens:
I connect with my Sony tablet to the router. No Problem. But I have a very slow connection to the internet. I have found that the Android OS creates permanently traffic to the router. The statistic shows, that there is about 3 GB traffic for one day - only from the Andoird OS to the router!
I disabled all other (background) services of the tablet. And the traffic still goes on.

I made a factory reset. Same thing after setup to AP mode.

Than I connected two other Android devices to the router (and shut down the tablet). The 2 other devices have no problem. Works fine.
I have no idea how to fix the problem.

These are my settings of the router:
The router is set to AP Mode. I tried wireless modes 1bgn mixed and 11bg mixed. Wireless security is set to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK. Wireless advanced functions were not changed (AP Isolation is deactived, because I'd like to use thr router with chromecast).
The router gets the ip address from the main router. But I also tried a static address.

Is there anybody who can help me?

Thx,
Marco
Options