TP Link WA830RE Experiences

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-16 09:58:18
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : TL-WA830RE_V2_121008

ISP :

Hi,
I bought two TP Link WA830RE 3 months ago. They are connected to a Huawei HG630. And after this time trying with a lot of configurations sadly I can say this product is not reliable. The list of problem are:

1) Both repeaters have the ability to freeze the main router.
2) Can connect to the repeater but not to the Huawei, despite on both repeaters the leds indicating router connection are on (sometimes one is connected but the other fails).
3) All the WIFI collapse, I have no signal coming form the Huawei and the repeaters.
4) If something went wrong both repeaters can't recover by themselves.
5) In both repeaters the signal level shown in the Status Page remains unchanged not matter if they are far or close from the main router.
6) If one repeater is disconnected the second repeater lost the connection to th main router and I have to reboot both devices and the main router.

The more stable configuration (and only for a few days) is static IP for both repeaters, but I need to restart the Huawei 1 or 2 times per week to recover my WIFI network.

Before of this I had my network with the Huawei, an old Siemens router and an old TP Link router using WDS without any problem.

Regards.
Options