various problems with TLw841n and TL-WR702N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-16 17:54:48
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi I'm using a TL-WR841N ver 8.4 and Tlwr702N ver 1.4 and having some problems.
I have a primary SAGEMCOM modem wifi router (Sagemcom F@st 3864) and want to use one or both of the above to connect a device to the network that requires 'ethernet plug' access to the network (no wifi capability) but I can't run a cable to this device.
I have tried a few approaches but haven't quite got it right:
1. I tried using the TL-WR841N in bridge mode attached to the Sagemcom F@st 3864 - this appeared to throttle the bandwith of the Sagemcom F@st 3864 by half;
2. I tried connecting a second router (ASUS RT AC66U) to the Sagemcom F@st 3864 as an AP, and attaching the TL-WR841N in bridge mode to the RT AC660 - this generally worked well but for reasons I couldn't pick, the device attached to TL-WR841N would sometimes appear to lose internet access;
3. I tried using the Tlwr702N in repeater mode with the device plugged in - this worked well, but interfered with the operation of a wireless printer (any time my computers rebooted, I struggle to get them to reconnect with the printer);
4. I've tried using the TL-WR841N in bridge mode attached to the Tlwr702N attached as an access point attached to the Sagemcom F@st 3864 - the device attached to TL-WR841N appear to lose internet access after about 10-20 minutes (but it doesn't interfere with the printer).
Does anyone have any advice about the best way forward?
Has anyone tried the Beta firmware for TL-WR702N V1 (TL-WR702N_V1_131211_beta) - should I try this or stick with TL-WR702N_V1_130528?
Any advice about the problems I'm having? e.g. the drop outs in set up 4 (should I be reserving IP addresses for specific MAC's?). Why do the repeaters interfer with the wireless printer (I thought this was because the computers were connecting to the repeater, which I'm guessing is not running the print server, but it seems to happen even when the computers are connected via the SAGEMCOM that is running the print server)?
I couldn't find my models listed in the drop down menu so I picked something similar at random - but I'm not actually using a TL-WA801ND.
Thanks muchly
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 0