tplinklogin.net redirected to a bogus website.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-26 05:59:14
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR702N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Talktalk

Hi all

The pc connected successfully to tplinklogin.net on the first occasion. All subsequent attempts have been redirected to one particular website of advertising links: ww1.tplinklogin.net.

Subsequently the ipad was redirected to the same site from the very first attempt.

Not sure if these are symptoms of a scary rootkit virus, or a hack of the Talktalk Super Router, or something completely different....

I cannot complete the setup of my TL-WR702N nano router without access to the setup page, so any help or suggestions will be gratefully received.
Options
2 Reply
Re:tplinklogin.net redirected to a bogus website.
2014-06-27 16:22:17
I will try your suggestions. Many thanks for the response.
Options
redirected to bogus website
2015-04-07 08:20:17
Hi,

I am also being redirected to a bogus website when I try to set up my router. Moreover, I set up the router with a name and password that I chose; this worked for about 5 minutes, and then the router decided to go back to its default name and password. Is there not a way to connect to the router using an IP rather than tplinklogin.net? First of all, I do not see how to "set static ip 192.168.0.2 to LAN adapter" as instructed, and second of all, I find the need for the use, who bought the product, to jump through hoops because the instructions do not work to be absurd. When I buy a refrigerator, I expect it to work without 45 minutes of fiddling: I don't see why a router should be any less reliable.
Options