Slow file transfers through Repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-28 00:01:02
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.12.16 Build 130131 Rel.53760n

ISP : Sky

I'm getting ridiculously slow (10kbps) file transfer speeds from laptop to NAS when connected via the repeater, but when I move the laptop to the vicinity of the master Sky hub it is much better (2mbps). So I know the NAS is not to blame.

NAS is hardwired to Sky hub.

TP-Link device is set to universal repeater mode. Signal from laptop to repeater is strong - around 84%.

Any ideas why this is so slow?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow file transfers through Repeater
2014-06-30 02:18:56

fotodamaris wrote

Repeating with Stock FW it's always issues, flash a third party FW and you'll see what a great device is your 901 V2

So just to confirm, are you saying I should put a third party firmware on the TPlink device?

If so, where can I get this from?
Options
Re:Slow file transfers through Repeater
2014-06-30 03:30:38

fotodamaris wrote

Repeating with Stock FW it's always issues, flash a third party FW and you'll see what a great device is your 901 V2

Just to clarify, are you suggesting I put third party firmware on my TP-Link device? If so, where would i get this from please?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 2

Related Articles