Samsung Smart TV cant connect to TL-WR841N or TL-WA730RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-01 15:16:13
Region : MEXICO

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently bought a TL-WR841N access point and also a TL-WA730RE range extender.
> >
> > I have a 5 month old. Samsung Smart TV model:* UN46ES6500* when I try to connect the tv to either of both AP's** the tv is able to connect and receive an IP but it just doesn't get internet.
> >
> > I've tried all configurations possible, fixed ip, wpa, wep, open* wifi, installed latest firmwares in both the samsung tv and tplink* AP's.
> >
> > tv works perfectly with TPLINK OUTDOOR ANTENNA Model:* TL-WA5210G
> >
> > Also the Samsung tv connects to other brand routers and direct wifi, all works perfectly except for these to models from tplink: TL-WR841N* and* TL-WA730RE
> >
> > both AP's work perfectly with other laptops and mobile devices,* so my best shot is assuming there is a glitch in the firmware of all the AP's of the same line/type.
Options
3 Reply
not the same model but i believe same time problem
2014-07-01 22:06:50

fotodamaris wrote

thanks fotodamaris for your post, i believe is exactly the same problem, i wish i could just install that beta firmware but ir looks will have to wait for tplink to create a specific beta firmware for each device. .. (easier) to create a universal firmware. thanks.
Options
Same problem different model Samsung Smart TV cant connect to TL-WR841N or TL-WA730RE
2014-07-01 22:25:47

fotodamaris wrote

Thanks fotodamaris i believe this is exactly the same problem, lets hope TPLINK doesn't take years to upload a beta firmware for all models with the same problem.
Options
Re:Samsung Smart TV cant connect to TL-WR841N or TL-WA730RE
2014-11-11 14:14:44
Hi Georgio

This may be a late reply buy maybe its worth a try

Try manually assigning IP values on your Smart TV instead of using the
IP assigned by the router.

Hope you can share what the result is.

Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0