WA-801N access point - network going down repeatedly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-06 07:03:29
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA801ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 140425

ISP : Plusnet

I bought a WA-801N a bit over a year ago, and while it was never very reliable - for the first month it needed to be reset on average once a day, otherwise it would start randomly disconnecting stations and preventing them from re-connecting giving authentication errors; the frequency went down to about a couple of times a week - it was at least usable. For the last couple of days, it has been going down on average every 10-15 minutes if I reset it via the admin interface; if I power-cycle it it can stay up as much as an hour. Upgrading the firmware did not have any visible effect, apart from wiping the setup

Has anyone experienced anything like it? And is there anything I can do to mitigate the issue while i wait for a replacement to be delivered?

Thanks in advance

Eugenio

(Also, could you please explain to the anti-spam robot that the lowercase letters in TP-link are l, i, n and k? Thank you)
Options
5 Reply
Flashed with OpenWrt solved my disconnects
2014-09-10 03:35:30
My accesspoint tl-wa801nd v. 2.1 suffered from daily loss of internet connection (devices connected fine to AP but no internet ) and I had to reboot to solve the issue.

I was ready to throw it the bin, then I tried flashing it with OpenWrt version 12.09

Wauuu!

nomore reboots,

it's been running constantly for 2 weeks now!!

Apart from a little more complex UI, setup of OpenWrt was relatively easy. No wizards, but extensive help and guides on https://openwrt.org/
Options
2015-03-10 00:07:24

fotodamaris wrote

as long as anyone who want to flash it, does flash AA (/attitude_adjustment/12.09/) cuase if you flash Trunk or Barrier Braker RC03 there is no UI (web interface) you will have to download and install via CLI command line interpreter.

I have two (2) tp-link access point model TL-WA801ND within my network since last year. Initially when newly bought it was working well but recently we used to experience loss of connection to some of the systems connected to it which find it difficult until the AP is restarted, and this is becoming more frequent.

Can someone please put me through how to flash it if it will solve the problem permanently or should I look for alternative AP.

Thank you.
Options
Re:WA-801N access point - network going down repeatedly
2015-03-11 10:06:30
@Leczy

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=&model=TL-WA801ND#down

Try the latest firmware first. Also try different channels among 1, 6, 11
Options
2015-06-15 04:38:58
I have the same AP, set up as a wireless client. I have regular drop outs (every couple of hours), meaning it gets disconnected from my router. It needs a simple restart and then it's back on. I've setup a watchdog rule to restart it immediately if it doesn't get any response from my router every couple of minutes, but that's only a workaround. I've connected a dvr on it, so I constantly need to monitor the cameras from my PC, and the software crashes when it's disconnected.

I will try latest firmware tomorrow (I have 140425 at the moment) but something tells me it won't do much. For what is worth, I'm using td-w8980 as my main router.

Any thoughts?
Options
2015-06-17 15:35:27
Try the beta firmware which was mentioned by fotodamaris. :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1380

Replies: 5

Related Articles