A very odd issue with WDN3200 blew my mind...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-20 06:58:31
Region : Brazil

Model : TL-WDN3200

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virtua

A few months ago I bought a TL-WDN3200 wireless adapter, it has been working flawlessly until today when something very strange happened...

I had an app called "inSSIDer by MetaGeek" installed which I had already ran once with this very same adapter in the past. Coincidence or not, when I started it again today the adapter inexplicably started to fail. From the App perspective it was like if the adapter was being removed and then re-inserted again, over and over.

I thought this was just an issue with the App and just closed it. However, I soon learned that from Windows perspective the same behaviour was being seen!! Odd isn´t it? I thought it likely was just a software glitch and did all I could think of to solve the issue but until now I wasn´t able to.

I removed and reinstalled the adapter's driver, I removed the adapter itself several times, changed the usb port where I plug the adapter in. I rebooted and shut my machine down a couple of times. Nothing seems to solve the issue.

Curiously my previous Linksys adapter still works just fine.

Any ideas? Does anyone have seen behaviour like this? It is a hardware or software failure?

Now when I insert the adapter it is correctly recognized, it can even see my wireless network ids but it doesn´t connect to any of them. When I provide the secret key for my own network it apparently tries to connect but times out after sometime.

I also noticed that the blue led doesn´t get lit anymore.

Puzzling, isn´t it?

I am going to test the adapter on another machine soon but I think I may have come across a hardware failure.

I sincerely appreciate any of your comments and ideas.

Regards,
Fábio Rocha.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 0

Related Articles