Archer T4U ac1200 can't detect my 5G when other devices can

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-26 17:02:45
Region : Singapore

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I just bought a Archer T4U AC1200 adapter and have it connected to my USD3.0 port. Prior to this, i've downloaded and installed "Archer_T4U_V1_Utility_120328.zip" and "Archer_T4U_V1_140404.zip" which are the WiFi utility and drivers respectively.

My router is a D-Link AC 1750 dual band router and I can connect to the 5G network using my Samsung S4, Note 8.0, work laptop and also my wife's Note2, iPad mini. All of which managed to detect and connect to the 5GHz network.

However, after plugging in the T4U adapter and having everything installed, the adapter can only detect my 2.4GHz network. I double-checked with my S4, work laptop at the same location and both are working fine. I'm now connected via the 2.4GHz network which is only half the speed I'm getting on S4 or work laptop.

Can anyone help? The operation of the adapter looks fine, just not detecting 5G network. Additional information is that i tried disconnecting all other devices, just in case it may be due to limitation to number of devices allowed to be connected. Still, it didn't work.

Thanks!
v
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 517

Replies: 0

Related Articles