Configuring A Proxy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Configuring A Proxy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Configuring A Proxy
Configuring A Proxy
2014-07-29 19:36:05
Region : Spain

Model : TL-WA701ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I want to connect this device (by cable) to my SMART TV but I need to configure this WAP with a Proxy. Is this possible & if so, how do I configure it.
Thanks for any advice on the subject
Options
2 Reply
Re:Configuring A Proxy
2014-07-30 09:30:57
What do you mean by "with a proxy"?

Do you want the WA701ND to connect to your TV so the WA701ND can help the TV to connect to your wireless router? If so, just need to log in the WA701 and set up Client mode.

http://www.tplink.com/en/article/?faqid=493
Options
Re:Configuring A Proxy
2014-07-30 14:24:26
Hi and thanks for replying. The device is already setup as a client & that works i.e. if one connects a network cable from the WAP to a computer, that computer is then On Line.
Unfortunately if I connect that cable to my TV it gives away my IP address which precludes me from certain sites as they don't like foreign IP addresses. On a computer, that's not a problem as I can configure a proxy just in one Browser but that's no good for the TV. I know it's possible to configure a proxy in ones Router but if I do that, then everything I do on a computer, the TV, Skybox or Mobiles etc. will all pass through that proxy & quite likely slow everything down hence my desire to configure a proxy on only the WAP. Maybe the WAP I have is not suitable? Ideas?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4192

Replies: 2