long range solution advise needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-30 02:54:49
Region : Others

Model : TL-ANT2424B

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

i live in village there i need to setup a small network. (actually i need internet connection but there is no connection in my location.) it is available at other location which is 2 Km's away from my house.. and my relative has internet over there.

now i need to access it at my house..

i intend to buy 2 tl-ant2424b antennas one will be installed with tp link wr741nd on the side having internet connection.. for other i will install at my location .

will i be able to receive signals ? and use internet ?
is another anteena needed at second place or is one at the transmitter side enough ?
will wr741nd support this antenna ?

if not please advise any other solution..

also when posting this thread i do not see pakistan in the list . wheareas here wifi is virtually synonomous with tplink.

regards
Options
3 Reply
Re:long range solution advise needed
2014-07-30 14:09:08

camjiee wrote

Region : Others

Model : TL-ANT2424B

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

i live in village there i need to setup a small network. (actually i need internet connection but there is no connection in my location.) it is available at other location which is 2 Km's away from my house.. and my relative has internet over there.

now i need to access it at my house..

i intend to buy 2 tl-ant2424b antennas one will be installed with tp link wr741nd on the side having internet connection.. for other i will install at my location .

will i be able to receive signals ? and use internet ?
is another anteena needed at second place or is one at the transmitter side enough ?
will wr741nd support this antenna ?

if not please advise any other solution..

also when posting this thread i do not see pakistan in the list . wheareas here wifi is virtually synonomous with tplink.

regards

That‘s too long for 741. That’ s not the way to establish long distance wireless link.

What you need is two units of TL-WA7210N, no need for the external antenna.

Topology:
You relative's internet ---- WA7210_AP mode )))))))) 2km (((((((( WA7210_client mode-------TL-WR741nd --- your location.

Put the two WA7210N high enough to overcome interference and obsticals.

That is the way.....However, it is not easy for network beginner, it may be easier to contact the local ISP to provide broadband internet access for you.
Options
2014-07-30 16:44:33

coca koala wrote

That‘s too long for 741. That’ s not the way to establish long distance wireless link.

What you need is two units of TL-WA7210N, no need for the external antenna.

Topology:
You relative's internet ---- WA7210_AP mode )))))))) 2km (((((((( WA7210_client mode-------TL-WR741nd --- your location.

Put the two WA7210N high enough to overcome interference and obsticals.

That is the way.....However, it is not easy for network beginner, it may be easier to contact the local ISP to provide broadband internet access for you.

Thanks for your kind response.

any idea regarding below ?
the description for anteena
"Installation of the TL-ANT2424B is simple and straight forward. It is compatible with most wireless devices (Access Points, Routers, Bridges and Network Adapters) on the market with removable external antennas."

so why is seperate WA7210 needed ?

also i also found someone to share his link with me he is at 600meters away from me. so is there any product for it ? also we will be making a wifi lan with below specs.

MYHOUSE

(dist b/w my house and house 1 is 600 Meters )

THIRD HOUSE
House 1 (dist b/w house 1 and 3rd house is 150 Meters )

there are a lot of mud housese single story and trees between myhouse and hose 1 ... wheras there are only few trees between house 1 and third house .

i am a bit familiar with networking (done ccna RnS).
i am primarily concerned with the reachability of signals.

also suppose if internet were at house1 would my existing route with default 5dbi antenna be enough to though signals to devices (laptops) in hosue 3 ? or do i need another antenna ? or do i also need another device at hosue 3 as well ?

is there any redbook / refrence book for such wifi networking wtih tplink devices ?
regards
Options
2014-07-30 18:20:32
WA7210 has 12dbi built in antenna. Two WA7210 can handle 2Km without external antennas like 2424B. But of course you can add 2424B on WA7210 if you like, that will be better.

For my own experience, it is very hard to make the signal to pass through obstacles, I prefer to put the APs high enough so they can overcome obstacles and get line of sight.

The internet is available in house1. There are obstacles between the 3 houses. You can just try your plan with the default 5dbi antenna, if there's little interference around, you may probably get signal in house 3. But your house is a bit far from the house1, the wireless connection may not be able to established. In that case, you may need to put one WA5210G on the roof of house1, make it facing to your place. WA5210G can handle 600 meters easily.

There is no such books yet. I think knowledge starts with practice, especially for outdoor wireless applications.
If you like to take a quick look into wireless network, Google : OReilly.802.11.Wireless.Networks.The.Definitive.Guide.2nd.edition.chm
The logical operation of wireless network is not difficult to learn, but we should be really careful of channel resource, interference when doing field applications.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 723

Replies: 3

Related Articles