Problems configuring DDNS in WR741ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-03 04:11:06
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR741ND

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 3.12.11 Build 110914 Rel.59688n

ISP :

Hi people!
I have problems configuring my DDNS host (no-ip.com) in my WR741ND.
The host is correctly created, and when I try to configure it on the router, it just doesn't sign in but stays in "Connecting..." and, of course, doesn't update the IP.

I have only tried with no-ip. Dyndns has now only paid options, and I'd prefer to stay with a free one. Does anyone have any ideas? The firewall is deactivated.

Thank you in advance!
Options
4 Reply
Re:Problems configuring DDNS in WR741ND
2014-08-03 17:35:32
Have you entered User Name, Password, Domain Name is correct?
Options
2014-08-03 19:37:32

fotodamaris wrote

Hi! Thank you for your answer. I don't quite understand anyway. As I said, I only tried with no-ip because there are not many (free) options available in TP-Link software and compatibility is really important (the router needs to understand the host perfectly, as it would be signing in and updating the IP there). Or maybe I got something wrong?
Or are you recommending me to use a dd-wrt firmware, which for sure has more compatibility? (I had analised this option, but I thought an easier solution could be found as well)
Options
2014-08-03 19:38:32

jimasek wrote

Have you entered User Name, Password, Domain Name is correct?

Thank you! Yes, I have. And even if I insert on purpose wrong sign in data, it just stays like that.

Hi! Thank you for your answer. I don't quite understand anyway. As I said, I only tried with no-ip because there are not many (free) options available in TP-Link software and compatibility is really important (the router needs to understand the host perfectly, as it would be signing in and updating the IP there). Or maybe I got something wrong?
Or are you recommending me to use a dd-wrt firmware, which for sure has more compatibility? (I had analised this option, but I thought an easier solution could be found as well)
Options
2014-08-03 21:10:07

fotodamaris wrote

If you feel capable, yes, just chose the correct version of Factory to dd-wrt bin. do not flash latest build r24461 flash r24160 that's one before latest and works like a charm, r24461 has issues going back to stock FW, you will need to do so via CLI.

Haha, I've done it before on my old Linksys WRT54G, but in this one I thought I wouldn't need it. I thought the official firmware was already prepared for something so simple as DDNS, but probably not :(.

Ok, I'll try it, then. Thank you!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 833

Replies: 4

Related Articles