A problem with my TL-WR740N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-04 16:37:56
Region : Philippines

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 3.16.6 Build 130529 Rel.47286n

ISP :

My problem is that I can't seem to connect to my router when I'm using my android phone, It will keep saying "Obtaining IP address" and after a couple of minutes it will say "Avoided, Poor Internet Connection", but the router is just in my room, and I'm in my room as well, and for me to "successfully connect to the router, I need to Start my Desktop first up to the log-on Screen, then reset the router, and after that I can connect, but if for example, I turn off the Desktop then leave my Phone connected to the router and for example my phone died and I have to charge it, if I try to connect to the router, I will have the same "Obtaining IP address" Issue so I have to turn-on my desktop again, another thing, Since Last week Every time I turn on My desktop, I get a "Unidentified Network, No Internet access" and I need to reset my router again.

So please if anyone else is having this issue and was able to fix it please share the solution.

My desktop runs a Windows 7x64 and my Phone runs and Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4.
Options
4 Reply
Re:A problem with my TL-WR740N
2014-08-08 18:53:09
Did you update the router firmware ? Any issues noticed after firmware ?

What phone are you using ? Does it work the same way for all WiFi's?

This can be because of network congestion (Many Wifi's around in your area). Can you download the WifiAnalyzer App and see if the channel switching is happening for you automatically ? Or manually assign router to a better channel.
Options
2014-08-09 14:17:48

ijay wrote

Did you update the router firmware ? Any issues noticed after firmware ?

What phone are you using ? Does it work the same way for all WiFi's?

This can be because of network congestion (Many Wifi's around in your area). Can you download the WifiAnalyzer App and see if the channel switching is happening for you automatically ? Or manually assign router to a better channel.

I'll try downloading the app you mention, I did update the firmware, but everything was okay after the upgrade.
Options
2014-08-14 16:33:30
I updated the Firmware to the latest version but the problem persist.
Options
2014-08-15 22:06:33
Please install inSSIDer software and give us screenshot from NETWORK tab. I like to see your signal level from main router and interference from other wireless networks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 658

Replies: 4

Related Articles