Always need to reboot router to establish laptop connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-06 09:09:22
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V7

Firmware Version : WR841N v6/v7 00000000

ISP : Cogeco

Hoping someone can help me with this.

I have a ASUS Laptop with Windows 8 that will only connect to the home network once the router is rebooted. This has only started happening in the last 2 weeks. The laptop will see the SSID but fails to connect everytime even with QSS. I think I have narrowed it down to a DHCP issue. I have increased the amount of Lease time and that will allow the laptop to stay connected, but when the laptop leaves the the network (the house) and comes back it will not renew the connection.

Suggestions?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Always need to reboot router to establish laptop connection
2014-08-07 05:40:45
I heard that Windows 8 have problems with Wifi handling. Check the latest avliable frimware for v7 and try to use that. Make sure to use he latest drivers for your network adapter too...(note: every driver have a different version for Win8.1 and Win8 so be sure to install the right one). You don't meantioned eralier so just for case, did you enabled auto reconnection for that network?

Link for the latest frimware for your router: Link

If these simple solutions will not resolve your problem pls write down exactly your laptop's model number and Windows version number that you are using (8.1 or 8.0).
Sry for bad English... :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 534

Replies: 1

Related Articles