TL-MR3020 unable to recognize internet connection in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-07 19:27:59
Region : Indonesia

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.2 Build 120817 Rel.55520n

ISP :

Hey guys,
I recently bought TP-Link MR3020 to create an access point from my wired connection.
My internet provider is from cable connection which goes directly to my cable modem ( motorola SB5101) and then
goes to my PC via lan cable.
The connection is the "obtain an IP address automatically" & "obtain dns server automatically" stuff.

Once I configure the router, I set the LAN in the router configuration the same way.
But, after I reboot the router, my PC can't recognize the router.
And the main problem is the MR3020 seems not recognizing the internet connection from the internet cable.

I'm really not into tech stuff so please assist me carefully. Your help is really appreciated.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-MR3020 unable to recognize internet connection in AP mode
2014-08-11 20:33:11
http://www.tplink.com/en/article/?faqid=678

You should configre Router Mode following the above link step by step. But, in step 5, before reboot, you need to navigate to Network -> WAN to do a MAC clone, and then save and reboot.
Options
Re:TL-MR3020 unable to recognize internet connection in AP mode
2014-08-13 19:58:55
thanks, I put the switch in 3g/4g and configure it in this mode and it works. Still unable to configure when the switch is in AP mode though.. Thanks alot.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2000

Replies: 2