Having problems connecting to 5ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-14 23:26:12
Region : Denmark

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello TP-link forum. yesterday i brought the TL-WDN4800 wireless adapter because on my school where i live & study i need to have 5ghz for the best internet speed because i use it for both work and gaming .. Sometimes and can connect to 5ghz and sometimes I only connect to 2.4ghz and it always takes about 1 - 2 hours before i can connect to the 5ghz network. I can both see the 2.4 and the 5ghz but it just wont connect to the 5ghz.. And sometimes i get lagspikes. My room mate has the same adapter and he dont lag and can always connect to the 5ghz channels.. so please help me because this is really annoying and hard to deal with! :(:(:confused:
Options
2 Reply
Re:Having problems connecting to 5ghz
2014-08-26 05:25:24
I'm having sort of the same issue. However, I cannot even connect to my 5G; it is reading it but will not connect. Once I figure out the issue I'll post it. But for now the only thing I can suggest is that of you have any other network adapters in your computer, to disable them so it minimizes interference.
Options
Re:Having problems connecting to 5ghz
2014-08-27 02:01:55
I'm having the same problem. I live in an apartment and the low band is extremely crowded, but I'm the only one on high. My previous wireless adapter and all of my mobile devices connect to the high band correctly, but this one (which is here to replace the shoddier previous) is weird about it. Low band connects fine, high band it only sparsely even sees and, when it does, connects off and on with zero actual Internet given in the time. I bought this specifically because it was advertised as dual band and would love if it would actually let me access said band. Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1049

Replies: 2

Related Articles