ERROR LCP down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ERROR LCP down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ERROR LCP down
ERROR LCP down
2014-08-15 14:39:47
Region : India

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : wr740nv4_en_3_17_0_up_boot(140520)

ISP : NSNET

i have a PPPoE broadband connection.. it disconnects in 15mins and doesn't reconnect i will have to either restart several times or do a factory reset..
i am tired of this.. it works well when i connect broadband cable directly to my computer so definitely its not an broadband issue.. i get LCP down message.... please provide me with a permanent solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:ERROR LCP down
2014-08-15 22:02:52
Give us screenshot from PPPoE setup.
Options
PPPOE conection problem and Error LCP Down
2014-11-21 15:15:14
Region : India

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : wr740nv4_en_3_17_0_up_boot(140520)

Firmware Version: 3.17.0 Build 140520 Rel.75075n
Hardware Version: WR740N v4 00000000

ISP : FiveNET

Dear TP-Link,

I am also facing this issues since last 2 weeks. Router was working fine for last 3 months.
I have configured the Router with following options -
- PPPoE option with username and password
- Mac clone function

I am able to access internet when I connect my RJ45 cable provided by ISP directly to Laptop.

Following actions taken but no luck -
- Tried resetting Mac address at ISP end (asking them to release)
- Factory defaults done many times
- Manually reconfigured couple of times
- Tried changing different LAN IP

Please find attached 3 files, PPPoE configuration & Sys Log files.
Appreciate your help in this matter.

Narendra
File:
SysLog.jpgDownload
PPPoE-2.JPGDownload
PPPoE-1.JPGDownload
Options
2014-11-21 15:42:50
Index 19 Failure "bad username and password"
In my opinion, you should check or update your PPP username and password with your ISP. Give a try, narendrag.
Options
2014-11-21 15:55:45
Password re-entered many times but no luck..
Options
2014-11-21 17:02:26
You didn't get it. Maybe your username or password has been updated or changed by your ISP. You should confirm with your ISP.
If they are correct, maybe it is router issue. So disconnect it and connect modem to PC directly. And then, set up a PPPoE connection on your PC to see if it works.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=339
Options
2014-11-21 17:44:50
Hello ADA,

Thanks for the clue....I was able to sort out the issue atleast now ..

When I connect RJ45 cable directly to Laptop it was working fine. Even I recreated PPPoE profile again, it was working fine.

But this time I realise, in Windows 7 OS, under PPPoE Profile I was specifying the Service Name as '5netop'.

Now I have configured the same in TP Link 740 N under Network - WAN - Advanced .
But strangely this was not configured previously and working fine almost 3 months.
But today since morning I was having issue and nw configured this option, it connected immediately.

Thanks again.

Narendra
Options
Hi, Narendra
2015-02-07 12:54:33
Hi, I am getting same error, Can you show me the screen shot of Advance settings.. Have you given IP address their?
Options
2015-02-07 22:38:46
Hello Shashikant,

Under Advanced Settings, I have not changed any IP.
I have only mentioned the service name which was provided by the ISP, and this setting has worked in my scenario.

Can you elaborate more on the issue and more details.

Also, as mentioned in previous thread verify following -

- PPPoE option with username and password
- Mac clone function

Narendra
Options
2015-02-21 20:55:32
Hi, All,

I have the same issue. When the RJ45 cable is connected directly to the computer, I can access the internet over PPPoE. But when I try the same using the router, it just does not connect.
I get an LCP down error. Can you please let me know if there is anything I can do to resolve this issue?
Options
service name in windows7
2015-06-08 11:45:41
Hello Narendra,

Can you pls send screen shot / how to check service name in Windows 7 PPPoE profile?/

Regards

narendrag wrote

Hello ADA,

Thanks for the clue....I was able to sort out the issue atleast now ..

When I connect RJ45 cable directly to Laptop it was working fine. Even I recreated PPPoE profile again, it was working fine.

But this time I realise, in Windows 7 OS, under PPPoE Profile I was specifying the Service Name as '5netop'.

Now I have configured the same in TP Link 740 N under Network - WAN - Advanced .
But strangely this was not configured previously and working fine almost 3 months.
But today since morning I was having issue and nw configured this option, it connected immediately.

Thanks again.

Narendra
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6667

Replies: 10

Related Articles