query about Archer T4U

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

query about Archer T4U

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
query about Archer T4U
query about Archer T4U
2014-08-20 08:09:17
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi. I thought I had lodged this post yesterday, but just cannot find it anywhere in the forum.
I have just installed the TP-LINK Archer T4U AC1200 wireless USB adapter on my Asus laptop running Win 8.1 (64 bit). It installed with a bit of trouble, but is now running. My modem router is a NETGEAR DGND3700 dual band modem router, which operates at 2.4 and 5 GHz, and is connected to our home PC. In the TP-Link Wireless config utility, it shows both 2.4 and 5 GHz in the list under the Network tab, but only one appears to be connected at any one time. If the 5GHz is connected, if I go to connect the 2.4GHz freq, it disconnects the 5GHz. Is there some way both can be connected at the same time? If not, how does the system know which freq to use at any one time? Or do I need to connect one or the other manually? With thanks for your advice, Andrew
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 263

Replies: 0