Change channel and connect to router directly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-26 07:44:54
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

Just bought this device, plugged it in and tried to connect it by connecting my PC directly and setting it up.

It receives wireless and repeats it, but it re-broadcasts on the same channel! Making a few of my devices confused and ignoring any AP at that point. How can I change the channel of the re-broadcast?

And how do I make it work that I can plug it in the router instead of making it repeat the wifi (more like an AP), when I do it now it just crashes the whole network, no device cables or wireless can do anything anymore.

Any suggestions?
Options
3 Reply
Its been nearly a year, no answer to this guys question.
2015-03-25 01:44:33
This forum seems rather useless, Its been nearly a year, no answer to this guys question. Guess I will try to find this answer elsewhere.

yesman_85 wrote

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

Just bought this device, plugged it in and tried to connect it by connecting my PC directly and setting it up.

It receives wireless and repeats it, but it re-broadcasts on the same channel! Making a few of my devices confused and ignoring any AP at that point. How can I change the channel of the re-broadcast?

And how do I make it work that I can plug it in the router instead of making it repeat the wifi (more like an AP), when I do it now it just crashes the whole network, no device cables or wireless can do anything anymore.

Any suggestions?
Options
AC wireing ethernet plugged in which probably caused Crashing Wifi for extender.
2015-03-25 02:17:00
aaaa

yesman_85 wrote

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

Any suggestions?
Options
Re:Change channel and connect to router directly
2015-03-25 16:23:03
WA850RE only has range extender mode. If you want to use it as AP, during setup, choose Set SSID and MAC Manually. Input the SSID and password you need and create a fake MAC address.
It may work but cannot work as good as a real AP.
If you need an access point instead of range extender, you should buy TL-WA801ND or some similar devices.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 3

Related Articles