Archer C2 - AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-27 19:44:54
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 0.10 v0032.0 Build 140716 Rel.54909n

ISP : Sky

Hi there,

Firstly I love my new Archer C2!!!!! Have had two Cisco cable routers over the past month and none of them provide the same level of Bandwidth Control (for upstream) like the Archer C2!

My question: I have two routers on my network - A SKY SR102 with a fixed IP on the internet with a local address 192.168.2.2 facing my TP-LINK Archer C2 (DHCP) which has 192.168.1.254 on the LAN side as it does all the bandwidth control, DHCP server for the LAN etc. The SKY SR102 has 192.168.2.2 in its DMZ and I manually port forward using Archer C2. Previously I've had a couple of Cisco routers but none of them properly managed by upstream bandwidth properly for the streams I have and the Archer C2 does this very well.

Anyway, after changing to the Archer C2, when I check my logs, I noticed that any client IPs all showias 192.168.2.2 now. One thing I have noticed in the Archer C2 admin interface it does state that when you enable bandwidth control it disables Hardware NAT (but not Software NAT) however disabling bandwidth control doesn't fix this. Basically all of my incoming internet traffic is showing as 192.168.2.2 in any logs whereas with the Cisco's it shows the actual source IP address.

It's no big deal, just handy when I want to blacklist certain IP addresses - anybody have any ideas why this happens and if it can be configured to pass through the source IP address.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C2 - AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
2014-08-28 20:40:19
This is s serious problem with this router, see my earlier post on Security Issues, I have an email into support but quite frankly.....................................well I wont go into it as It is really ticking me off. All incoming traffic is shown as the IP address of the router and not the incoming IP address so filtering is useless. Hopefully, but I'm not keeping my hopes up, TP-Link will get back to me but so far the responses have been ludicrous to say the least. I have put this aside and now am using a Netgear R7000 what a piece of kit and it even gives me 980Mb throughput plus the incoming IP address Whooo Hoooo

pete
Options
Reply from Support
2014-09-05 18:58:52
Hello Peter,

Many thanks for your feedback.
I have test it just now and this issue really exist on our C2.About this issue I will talk with our R&D engineers.Once I got any updates, I will let you know.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.
Tomorrow we will have a holiday from 9.6 to 9.8 because of the mid-autumn festival.

Best Regards
----------------------------------------------
Adam Li
Technical Support Engineer
Ticket ID: [63149]
Ticket Status: Awaiting User's Reply
Options
2014-11-18 02:49:07
When can we expect this to be fixed?
Brgds
Tommy
Options
2014-11-18 05:31:02
Any news regarding this issue. Would be nice to get it fixed.
Brgds
Tommy
Options
2014-11-21 17:28:29
Hi guys,

We have confirmed this problem and will fix it in next firmware. Please be more patient. The new firmware is under test. We will upload it once it pass the test.

Thank you!
Options
2014-12-03 18:05:28
Hi guys,

A good news! We have fixed this firmware on latest firmware. This is the download link: http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=Archer+C2&version=V1#tbl_j
Please have a try, thank you!

dsd.tbn wrote

Any news regarding this issue. Would be nice to get it fixed.
Brgds
Tommy
Options