TP-Link Range Extender TL-WA830RE selectively works on some devices and not on others

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link Range Extender TL-WA830RE selectively works on some devices and not on others

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-29 01:36:04
Region : Kenya

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.13.26 Build 121008 Rel.61364n

ISP : ZUku

Hello TP-Link,

My range extender has been giving me trouble for since I bought it about 1 and half month ago. The problem is most probably due to absence of Kenya in the region list and I had to try different countries. Such as South Africa and UK (had problem with Windows 7 PC), USA and Australia have issues with my Android phones and when one phone works, the other stops working. One is Techno H5 and the Other is Galaxy S3. But my Windows 8 PC has no problem.

What should I do?
Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link Range Extender TL-WA830RE selectively works on some devices and not on others
2014-09-05 11:44:17
Is there no solution for this issue?
Options
Re:TP-Link Range Extender TL-WA830RE selectively works on some devices and not on others
2014-09-09 11:16:01
Before you buy TL-WA830RE, do you have similare issues when connecting all wireless clients to your root router directly?
What's the error if you fail to connect some wireless clients to the range extender? If you power off range extender, does it work?
Options
2014-09-10 03:00:24

Ada wrote

Before you buy TL-WA830RE, do you have similare issues when connecting all wireless clients to your root router directly?
What's the error if you fail to connect some wireless clients to the range extender? If you power off range extender, does it work?

No I had no similar issues with any of the clients.
There is no visible error. Some devices connect but don't get internet access. Some cannot connect to the extender at all.
Yes, all devices work very fine when connected to the root router.
Options
2014-09-11 02:11:23

fotodamaris wrote

Thank you very much for the link. It looks like the best solution for me for now but I don't want to lose my warranty as the device is just not more than 2 months. I would love to find a solution that doesn't void the warranty.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 891

Replies: 4

Related Articles