Mr

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mr

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Mr
2014-09-17 00:24:48
Hi Speed,

Issue #1
Thanks again, in my post before I attached my WR2543ND status page, is that page we discuss about? or is something missing?
Do you mean I should connect to WR2543ND instead my Internet modem router? I did mention in my post before, If I connect directly to WR2543ND after setup WDS, its warn me "No internet connection"
Issue#2
I did mention that I already install the client software (TP Link USB Print controller) and It did not shows any print.

I really appreciate your help, I already tried to supply all information might be needed. I hope it's not languange barrier since english is not my native.
Options
2014-09-17 01:00:28
No, that's not a language problem, only a simple difficulty for me to understand what you are doing...

mixbyjm wrote

in my post before I attached my WR2543ND status page, is that page we discuss about? or is something missing?

I don't see the WDS status !

Do you mean I should connect to WR2543ND instead my Internet modem router?

No, but your PC printing is connected to WR2543ND or W8951ND?

I did mention that I already install the client software (TP Link USB Print controller) and It did not shows any print.

That's not a WDS issue, if it is running well.
Did you test a print with a cable between the 2 routers?
Options
2014-09-17 02:06:47
No, that's not a language problem, only a simple difficulty for me to understand what you are doing...

mixbyjm wrote

in my post before I attached my WR2543ND status page, is that page we discuss about? or is something missing?

Do you mean I should connect to WR2543ND instead my Internet modem router?

Options
2014-09-17 08:16:10

HiSpeed wrote

It's "RUN"

Let me clarify, what is PC Printing? The USB printer directly attached to WR2543ND using USB cable, right?
All my computers wirelessly connect to W8951ND, but I did try to connect to WR2543ND Wirelessly..

And this is what happen when I tried to connect my laptop to WR2543ND

Do you mean, two 2 routers connected by cable LAN?
File:
Screen shot 2014-09-17 at 7.11.06 AM.jpgDownload
Options
2014-09-17 09:42:02
Finally I can make it works!
So, I upgrade the firmware and setup WDS USING LAN not WI-FI
ALL SSD broadcast set to same name with the modem router, in my case : Blessing Studio 1

1st attempt, I still can't connect my printer.

Then I tried to change subnet to 255.255.0.0 which is different from my modem router : 255.255.255.0, of course it's not right.
but, MAYBE, it's like clearing cache...so when I set it back to 255.255.255.0 and reboot...whoila...my printer is appear on the list!!
I don't know if it's the correct way but I think firmware upgrade worth to try.

So, thank you for your kind and time Hi Speed...
Options
2014-09-17 11:32:36
Now other problem arise...
My macbook sometimes won't connect to internet.
When I check the Network Preferences, the subnet change itself to 255.255.0.0. My mac connect using DHCP, btw.
So I need to enter the IP Address manually and then disconnect and reconnect, change them to DHCP again.
I also got reply from TP Link support here, they said the problem between WR2543ND and W8951ND is the MAC address.

here's the email :
To configure WDS function and connect two device using it require both device to have identical MAC Frame Addressing format while both your ADSL modem TD-W8951ND and your wireless router TL-WR2543ND are using different version so both are incompatible to be connected using WDS function.
Options
Related Articles