MR 600 with external MIMO Antennas

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-17 18:06:09 - last edited 2020-09-18 08:45:58
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have been using an MR 600 in Croatia since about a year and I am in generall very satisfied.

The best position of the MR 600 for a good signal sregnth is direct near to the window, but there it is heated up by the solar radiation.

If I place the router inside the room - out of the solar radiation, my reception performance not good enough. I now would like to connect 2 external MIMO directional antennas placed at the  winddow and aligne them with the next radio transmitter so that I can take the router out of the sun.

I now have the following question:

Does WIFI also use the external antennas and my WLAN becomes weaker with the new external antennas, or does WIFI only use internal antenna and the new external ones will have no influence on the signal strength in the builing?

Thanks for any replay

Best gregards

Moehl

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:MR 600 with external MIMO Antennas-Solution
2020-09-18 08:44:19 - last edited 2020-09-18 08:45:58

@Moehl_99 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

For the MR600 v1, It has 2 Detachable External LTE Antennas, and Wi-Fi antennas are internal;

And the LET antennas are RP-SMA male, but normally it is recommended to always use the original antennas and if they have to be replaced, please replace them all together;

Since the Wi-Fi antennas are internal, so there is no way to improve the signal by changing the antennas;

But you could try to modify the wireless channels to reduce the Wi-Fi interference:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2794/

Thank you very much.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:MR 600 with external MIMO Antennas-Solution
2020-09-18 08:44:19 - last edited 2020-09-18 08:45:58

@Moehl_99 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

For the MR600 v1, It has 2 Detachable External LTE Antennas, and Wi-Fi antennas are internal;

And the LET antennas are RP-SMA male, but normally it is recommended to always use the original antennas and if they have to be replaced, please replace them all together;

Since the Wi-Fi antennas are internal, so there is no way to improve the signal by changing the antennas;

But you could try to modify the wireless channels to reduce the Wi-Fi interference:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2794/

Thank you very much.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5346

Replies: 1

Related Articles