WLAN button not working after firmware upgrade (TL-WR1043ND V2)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-09-17 05:37:06
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 140613

ISP : HOT

title: WLAN button not working after firmware upgrade (TL-WR1043ND V2 )
Firmware ver. : 3.15.31 Build 130925 Rel.32445n
Hello guys,
Yesterday I upgraded from TL-WR1043ND V2 router firmware from ver. '130925' to ver. '140613' , everything went OK(got successfuly messages) except one thing: the wireless ON/OFF button(in the back of the router) stopped to work, when I press the button it doesn't shutdown the WLAN connectivity.
After I downgraded back to the factory firmware( '130925') the WLAN button magically started to work again. so I think this is a bug in the latest firmware of TL-WR1043ND V2.
Also I would like to mention that after the first firmware upgrade the "Sun" & WLAN green led lights are blinking one after another(first the "Sun" then the WLAN). I'm not sure but I think the "Sun" led didn't blinked before the firmware upgrade and the WLAN blinked faster, now the WLAN led blinks every 2 seconds. please confirm that this is a normal behivour. (by the way: my wireless network working OK on both firmwares)

Things I tried to do to solve the WLAN button issue with the newer firmware but didn't successed:
1.Tried to flash the newer firmware with the following browsers: Firefox, Explorer, Chrome.
2.Reset my router - by long click on reset back button before firmware upgrade.
3.Downloaded the firmware file again to prevent any missing data that might be on the previous firmware file I downloaded.
(*Firmware was downloaded from here : http://www.tp-link.co.il/support/download/?pcid=201&model=TL-WR1043ND&version=V2)

To sum up: I upgraded my router by the book with the offical firmware & all the extra precautions TP-link advised: disconnect the external network, check your router hardware ver. , not from wireless etc.
All firmware upgrades went 100% successfuly.
Maybe I got a faulty router but I don't think so, my router is brand new I bought it from an offical distributer new in box. I've it for 2 days now & it never fall on the ground or anything so now harm caused to the router during or before the firmwares upgrade.

Please try to reproduce my issue, I'm looking forward to your replay.
Thanks in advance for the repliers. :o
Best regards,
Daniel.
Options
3 Reply
WLAN button stopped working after firmware upgrade
2014-11-11 09:04:17
I have the same problem with TL-WR1043ND V2 as described in this thread. After upgrading firmware from version 130925 to version 140613 the wireless ON/OFF button stopped working.

Any suggestions, please? It seems as a bug in this latest firmware...
Options
Re:WLAN button not working after firmware upgrade (TL-WR1043ND V2)
2014-11-13 08:58:36
Guess what? I tried. Actually the button is still working but you need to keep pressing it for at least three seconds, which is different from previous firmware. Maybe it is designed to avoid mis-operation or something else. Anyway, ELC, give a try.
Options
Re:WLAN button not working after firmware upgrade (TL-WR1043ND V2)
2014-11-16 05:44:49
Thanks a lot, Mavis! Pressing wireless ON/OFF button for at least 4 seconds works fine.
Options