No connection between router and Internet reported even though it is established

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No connection between router and Internet reported even though it is established

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-09-17 20:05:47
Region : Poland
Model : TL-WA854RE
Hardware Version : V1
Firmware Version : 3.14.8 b140401

I've installed my WA854RE just a couple of hourse ago have got rid of the problematic D-Link product. However, I'm a bit concerned as the Status section of my administration panel reports the router is not connected to the internet, which is not true. I can browse pages, download files etc. with no problems.

I can't make the Status section reflect that - refreshing doesn't help, re-logging doesn't help, reboting the device doesn't help.

In fact I've seen this as "connected" only once - after I made the initial device configuration. Then, after changing my SSID and security options and rebooting the device, it constantly reports that the router is not connected to the internet.

OK, it's not a real problem but it's a bit annoying. Is there any way to make it reflect the actual connection status?
Options
5 Reply
Re:No connection between router and Internet reported even though it is established
2014-09-18 09:37:45
I am confused... "after changing my SSID and security options and rebooting the device"
Which one? The range extender? You know security options should be exactly the same as root router.
You can connect to internet...Maybe you are still connecting to the root router?
Options
Re:No connection between router and Internet reported even though it is established
2014-09-18 19:06:30
Sorry about the confusion - here are specifics:

Ada wrote

I am confused... "after changing my SSID (...) and rebooting the device"
Which one? The range extender?

What I did was changing the SSID name on the extender - I wanted it to distinguish from the one that my router broadcasts.

I am confused... "after changing my (...) security options and rebooting the device"
Which one? The range extender? You know security options should be exactly the same as root router.

Then - again on the extender only - I've change security settings:
* version - from 'automatic' to 'WPA2-PSK'
* enscryption - from 'automatic' to 'AES'
This is the configuration I use on all my network devices and they match 100% those set on the router. I wanted avoid possibility that 'automatic' setting selects less secure settings by itself.

You can connect to internet...Maybe you are still connecting to the root router?

Nope, I do connect to the extender for sure and the connection to Internet is made via the extender. Just to be sure of that I've removed the WiFi network associated with the router from my laptop.
Options
2014-10-13 19:33:03
The same here.
In the status page there is a question mark between the Main router/AP and the Internet. Nevertheless I am connected to the Internet. This happened when I chacnge the Network settings of the repeater from Dynamic to static.
Options
2014-10-14 10:35:47
nikosft, if you change it back to dynamic, what happens? Yours is TL-WA854RE as well?
Options
2014-10-18 19:35:34
If change back to the dynamic, the status page correclty indicates that the main router is connected to the internet
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 687

Replies: 5

Related Articles