WDR4300 - AirPrint does not work continuously

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-09-22 04:29:32
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : latest 09/2014

ISP :

Dear community,

I have l problem with the WDR4300 and my AirPrint printer Canon MX525 for a long time now.

History:
1) In the first time - when I had the WDR4300 and the Canon MX525 AirPrint worked very well and the AirPrint printer was always found (via Notebook or iPads or iPhones).
2) At any point (I retrospectively assume that a firmware update of the WDR4300 caused the following problem) I recognized that I had to reboot the printer in order to have it recognized on the iOS devices or on my computer. Later on I found out that it is "enough" to use the tether app in order to restart the WDR4300. After a reboot of the router the AirPrint printer was immediately recognized from the mentioned devices. But some time later (maybe 30 minutes or 60 minutes -> I do not know the exact time range) all the devices say "no printer found".
3) After I found out the above mentioned things I wrote to TP-Link in order to get support. But I didn't! :( They told me to install an unofficial firmware update on the WDR4300 - what I did but nothing improved. They then said that the WDR4300 does not support AirPrint and left me alone with my problem. I think this is absolutely nonsense as there is no special "support" because this should work with every router.
4) I installed another router (DIR-600) in order to test it again. It worked from second 1 and it worked for days - my AirPrint printer was recognized - at every try (no reboots etc.).

Now I am desperate. What can I do? I cannot imagine that my router cannot support AirPrint the way it should be. The printer is recognized indeed but it seems that the router cancels connection after a special time.

So now I ask you: What could I do? Do you have any idea how to get it work properly?

Thank you!

Nudgens82
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 0

Related Articles