Printer goes to sleep

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Printer goes to sleep

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Printer goes to sleep
Printer goes to sleep
2014-09-23 18:11:23
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : AOL

First - my Model Number is TD-W8980 which is not available in the dropdown. (TP-Link N600)

Problem - My Canon MG6350 Printer is connected Wirelessly to my PC running Windows 7 64bit. If the printer is idle for any length of time it goes to sleep and I have to restart the printer to get it to print again. Canon support tells me that this is a Dual Band Router problem. Can anyone offer any assistance. Thank you. :confused:
Options
5 Reply
Re:Printer goes to sleep
2014-09-25 23:56:54
I got the same problem (see some posts under you)! It only helps to restart the routher with the tether app.

TP-Link told me the router does not support airprint. But it did! It went out of service with an update in 2013 - before there were no problems - the printer was always connected.

So if Canon says this is a dual band router problem - does it mean that it will work when I deactivate the second band (5Ghz)?

Nudgens82
Options
2014-09-26 01:59:57
Hi - I'm not sure about deactivating the 5Ghz Band. I don't know how to do that. This is the info Canon sent me: Further to our telephone conversation we are sending you the instructions the set a static IP address on your printer.

Please open IJ network Tool. You will find if via Start, All programs, Canon Utilities.

Once the IJ network tool has found your printer make certain that it is highlighted and select the Configuration Button. In the next screen you will see the option to select Use next IP address. You can leave it at the suggested IP address. Select OK and now your wifi connection should be a lot more stable.

This suggestion did not help me but maybe it will you.::) TM
Options
2014-09-26 09:52:30
Update the latest firmware in 2014. By the way, TD-W8980 belongs to ADSL...
Options
2014-09-26 16:47:58
Hi - thank you. Guess that's why I couldn't find the model number under Dual Band Routers. TM
Options
2014-10-17 17:33:09
Thank you for your response.
We did not opt to install any additional software (and the ping idea may work too) because we felt the Dell hardware should not require this.Their other printers work as expected without software broadcasting on the LAN to keep the NIC alive.This would be okay on a small home network but not what we've opted to do on our corporate LAN.Thanks again!
Options