Archer C7 v2 web management problem after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-09-23 21:36:52
Region : UnitedStates

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.1 Build 140911

ISP :

Hello! After successfully updating Archer C7 v2 firmware to version "3.14.1 Build 140911 Rel.41201n" I cannot use the web management interface properly anymore.
While clicking the links from the left panel the browser is redirected to the login page saying:

"The router allows only one administrator to login at the same time, please try again later."

This is very annoying, I'm pretty sure there is no one using the admin interface besides me.
I even turned off the wireless radio but this message persist.
I've also tried to admin the device via Tether app without success... the app always says "Router not Supported".
Whats happening here guys??!!
I've flashed this firmware several times, hard reseted the Archer router, changed browser... etc etc... nothing works!
I can barely navigate to the web admin pages without been kicked out!!!
I didn't finished my router setup because of this BUG.
Yes, I can navigate, the Archer is working but I just cannot setup it the way I like/need.
Any help is welcome! TIA.
Options
42 Reply
Re:Archer C7 v2 web management problem after firmware update
2014-09-26 02:02:52

bgeneto wrote

Region : UnitedStates

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.1 Build 140911

ISP :

Hello! After successfully updating Archer C7 v2 firmware to version "3.14.1 Build 140911 Rel.41201n" I cannot use the web management interface properly anymore.
While clicking the links from the left panel the browser is redirected to the login page saying:

"The router allows only one administrator to login at the same time, please try again later."

This is very annoying, I'm pretty sure there is no one using the admin interface besides me.
I even turned off the wireless radio but this message persist.
I've also tried to admin the device via Tether app without success... the app always says "Router not Supported".
Whats happening here guys??!!
I've flashed this firmware several times, hard reseted the Archer router, changed browser... etc etc... nothing works!
I can barely navigate to the web admin pages without been kicked out!!!
I didn't finished my router setup because of this BUG.
Yes, I can navigate, the Archer is working but I just cannot setup it the way I like/need.
Any help is welcome! TIA.

It's not you. The C7v2 140911 firmware has some MAJOR bugs in the UI. If you change the Web Management Port to anything higher than
49999 you can't login at all and have to do a hard reset to get back in!!!

The only thing you can do is to flash back to an older firmware. The C7v2_131217 firmware is no good cause IPV6 is completely broken in it

I am using the C7_v2_140617 firmware available at TP-Links Singapore site. It is an English firmware.. Everything works with it including
IPV6 but there is a small bug with that. You must set LAN IPv6 Address Assign Type to DHCPv6 Server and not SLAAC as the SLAAC
setting is broken (or the two settings are reversed in the UI but not sure about that). The download URL is below.
http://www.tp-link.sg/resources/software/Archer_C7_V2_140617(ExStream).zip

Viper
Options
2014-09-26 03:04:34
+1 on the V1, I just reverted to the previous firmware after 20 minutes of my life lost trying to figure out who the other mystery administrator was, the Teather app no longer works with the old version after recent app update but I'd much rather being able to access the web management interface anyway & my performance had been fine on that version. Poor show from TP Link though.
Options
2014-09-26 11:17:55

Dave..M wrote

+1 on the V1, I just reverted to the previous firmware after 20 minutes of my life lost trying to figure out who the other mystery administrator was, the Teather app no longer works with the old version after recent app update but I'd much rather being able to access the web management interface anyway & my performance had been fine on that version. Poor show from TP Link though.

I got a similar issue and consulted TP-LINK, there is a reply from their technician.

Tether 2.0 only works with new firmware.
Tether 1.0 works with old firmwares.
Options
2014-09-26 14:20:57
Thanks not too pushed on Thether either way since it's very limited vs full web administration, it was the list of bug fixes in the new version that made me update but the loss of web administration due to mystery other administrators made me revert to the older firmware, I don't like the idea of running buggy firmware though so I hope TP fix this sooner rather than later. so I can upgrade
Options
2014-10-04 06:00:21
Same here, after loosing the ability to log in (not 80 mgmgt port) I reverted my C7v1 to the 140704 FW ;)
Options
How did you revert
2014-10-04 16:03:08
Hi,

I have a similar problem after updating the firmware. I can't log in to the router and I can't reset it. Nothing happens when I press and hold the reset button, the system light is only on during boot up, otherwise it is dark. The wlan works and I can connect to the internet through it, but nothing else works.

Any advice on how to reset the router?

Br

Linkku
Options
How to reset
2014-10-04 16:14:10
Hi,

How did you manage to revert the firmware if you were not able to log in to the router. I can't access my router, it just says "This page cannot be displayed", and holding the reset button does nothing for me.

Any advice on how to reset and revert?

BR.

Linkku
Options
2014-10-04 18:36:02
hold reset for 10 seconds to default it...
Options
2014-10-04 19:32:15
Hi,

Pressing and holding the reset button (for 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec) does nothing for me.
Options
2014-10-04 22:36:11
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5105

Replies: 42

Related Articles