Unable to resolve the server's DNS address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-09-29 21:00:03
Region : SriLanka

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Sri Lanka telecom

TP-Link Range Extender TL-WA850RE

I have just purchased a TP-Link Range Extender TL-WA850RE.

I find that my ProLink Router and the TP-Link does not support each other's WPS. So I had to configure the Range Extender via the Ethernet Cable.

After the WIRELESS setting is done, I get the following message;

UNABLE TO RESOLVE THE SERVER'S DNS ADDRESS

I wonder what I should do next?
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to resolve the server's DNS address
2014-09-30 10:53:24
RE light is on?
If not, upgrade the latest firmware first and reconfigure it. I heard that latest firmware is easier to configure it successfully.
Options
2014-09-30 10:59:45
I was able to go into my ProLink Router and enable WPS. Thereafter the two devices were able to wireless sync successfully.

I notice now that the SIGNAL STRENGTH on the android device does not show FULL SCALE either with the Prolink Router nor the TP-Link RE.

I am not sure if I have done it it correctly.

OK, thank you for the tip about upgrading the FIRMWARE.

Regards

Ekendra
Options
2014-09-30 11:40:36

Ada wrote

RE light is on?
If not, upgrade the latest firmware first and reconfigure it. I heard that latest firmware is easier to configure it successfully.

I was able to go into my PROLINK router and enable WPS after which I was able to set it up.

I notice however that the Android device shows ZERO signal strength where as previously, the PROLINK gave a full scale signal strength when I was nearby. Now neither of them give any signal strength and the wifi tends to drop even when I am nearby both devices!!

The wifi Analyzer app show the Prolink (close to the android device) at -35 signal strength [dBm] and the TP-LINK (about 25 ft from the android device) at -70 [dBm]

Concerning Firmware upgrade, which one should I choose? There are 3 updates available at [HTML]http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WA850RE&version=V1[/HTML]

Ekendra
Options
2014-09-30 14:53:04

ekendraed wrote

I was able to go into my PROLINK router and enable WPS after which I was able to set it up.

I notice however that the Android device shows ZERO signal strength where as previously, the PROLINK gave a full scale signal strength when I was nearby. Now neither of them give any signal strength and the wifi tends to drop even when I am nearby both devices!!

The wifi Analyzer app show the Prolink (close to the android device) at -35 signal strength [dBm] and the TP-LINK (about 25 ft from the android device) at -70 [dBm]

Concerning Firmware upgrade, which one should I choose? There are 3 updates available at [HTML]http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WA850RE&version=V1[/HTML]

Ekendra

It appears that I am now getting FULL SCALE on the android device whenever I get close to one or the other. So that is solved. I had to RECONNECT each device.

Will now appreciate advice on which FIRMWARE update I should use.

Thank you
Options
2014-09-30 20:54:44
I have been testing both the PROLINK wireless router and the TP-Link TL-WA850RE.

When they are both ON, the wifi link is very unstable on the android device. The signal strength indicator is showing a very low signal despite being near either of them. I find that either one or the other wifi link keeps dropping and reconnecting.

When the TP-Link RE is switched OFF, the signal strength indicator on the android device shows full strength and the wifi link is very stable from the PROLINK Router .

I wonder if I need to change the channel number of the TP-Link RE?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 763

Replies: 5