Can't get Range Extender to function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-01 01:41:46
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Sky

I went thru the quick setup for my new range extender and it appears to be configured correctly to connect to my Sky Sagem router.

The Range Extender light is illuminated and solid.

However I cannot ping the IP address or login to the range extender and the device does not appear on the connected device list from my router.

How can I verify that this thing is actually working?

Thanks
Gavin
Options
2 Reply
Update
2014-10-01 20:27:12
I have discovered that if I turn off the router and the range extender for a few minutes then reboot the router and then the extender, they do briefly connect and I can connect to the WA730 over wifi with the ip address 192.168.0.254.

After a couple of minutes I lose the wifi link to the extender even though the Link Extender light is still on and solid green.

If I go into the router the WA730 is not in the list of connected devices and if I connect to the WA730 via the ethernet port I get the following on the status page
I connected to the TL-"R730 via the ethernet cable and even though the link extender light was solid the status said that there was no connection

I connected to the TL-"R730 via the ethernet cable and even though the link extender light was solid the status said that there was no connection

Status
Firmware Version: 3.16.6 Build 130510 Rel.63318n
Hardware Version: WA730RE v2 00000000

Wired
MAC Address: 64-66-B3-C7-53-C9
IP Address: 192.168.0.254
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Wireless
Operation Mode: Universal Repeater
Signal: No Signal
Name (SSID):
Channel: 11
Channel Width: Automatic
MAC Address: 64-66-B3-C7-53-C9

Traffic Statistics
Received Sent
Bytes: 116302 446825
Packets: 828 2279

System Up Time:
0 days 01:07:27

Anyone have any idea?

Gavin
Options
Re:Can't get Range Extender to function
2014-10-29 16:33:27
Hi Gavinc

Use a laptop or PC and connect it directly on the TL-Wa730RE via a LAN connection. If you are using a laptop, make sure
the wifi is disconnected.

Once the LAN is connected, make sure that the IP settings on the LAN on your PC is set to obtain IP and obtain DNS automatically.

check the status of your LAN IP if it is able to get an IP from your main router.

If it does have an IP address that is the same network with your router, then you should be able to access the internet even if you don't have a wifi connection.

After that, you can now unplug the LAN and turn on the wifi connection and observe if you can get a wifi connection.

Good luck.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 2