Is it possible to connect to internet from my home router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-06 08:56:07
Region : Germany

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi folks,

I'm currently living in China mainland, and the internet here is almost cut off from the rest of the world. All the social and media services that are used in EU are being blocked by great firewall of china, that means no google, gmail, FB, twitter, youtube, ...
There are companies that provide VPN services to outside world, but most of them only allow 1 device at the time to connect to the service. More devices you have, more expensive it is, plus I'm not really sure how secure these connections are.

In EU I have a home router, and I was thinking is there a way I could connect to internet from china to my home router in EU? Something like a proxy server, VPN? Does archer have any settings/services that allow remote connections to be bridged directly to WAN?
I left my home computer running, because I knew I would run into this issues and I can use teamviewer to log in and check my email that way, but it's really unconvenient.

My ISP provider has dynamic IP, and I have already configured DDNS service. So far I have tried proxy settings (on my laptop changed IP of proxy to my router at home) and forwarding port 80 in -> port 80 out, DMZ turned off, but it's not working.
Does anybody have an idea how to setup router (if it's possible on Archer C7) and remote devices to access internet from remote location? Any help would be appreciated.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Is it possible to connect to internet from my home router?
2014-10-09 09:30:57
I don't think it can be fulfilled...
Options
Re:Is it possible to connect to internet from my home router?
2014-10-09 18:04:15
I guess you need the Openwrt or something comparable that you can install packages into your router system. But ... hmmm sorry I am not an expert. If you found a solution please share it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 643

Replies: 2

Related Articles