Archer C7 V1 bricked after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-13 05:01:14
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I had issues with the wifi performance - random speed on 2,4 GHz and no service on 5 GHz, so I decided to update the firmware. The device was updated successfully and restarted, and after that I haven't been able to connect to the device. I tried both 192.168.1.1 (which was the address I used before) and http://tplinklogin.net, with a computer connected with ethernet cable, but I cannot get any response.

I then restarted the device - pressing the reset button for 15 seconds, and after that I can still not connect, but i can see 2 new wifi networks: TP-LINK_5GHz_2DACEB and TP-LINK_2.4GHz_2DACEA, but I don't know the passwords to any of the netorks, so I can't connect to them either.

How can I get the device to work again?

Best regards
Jens
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V1 bricked after firmware update
2014-10-13 09:46:53
Hi Jens, default Wi-Fi password is just on bottom of the device itself like mine? Did you try 192.168.0.1? What's the default gateway?
Options
Re:Archer C7 V1 bricked after firmware update
2014-10-15 00:49:31
That helped. Thanks! Connected to the new wifi with the password on the back and was then able to access the configuration page.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 855

Replies: 2

Related Articles