VPN usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VPN usage
VPN usage
2013-05-30 19:52:50
Region : Others

Model : M5350

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : unknown

ISP : T-Mobile HU

Hi,

I can't login to any VPN server with my brand new M5350. (However I can surf on the internet, WIFI connection, DNS settings, etc are ok)
The VPN server is found, login process is started but the username/password authentication process hangs on forever.
The same SIM card, with the same APN configuration works perfectly with my USB Mobile Internet Stick.

I suppose that somehow the PAP or CHAP authentication doesn't work perfectly with the mobile 3G router.

Please help!
I need my mobile 3G router for my work.

Thank you in advance

Attila Fűr
Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN usage
2013-06-04 13:29:00
Hi.
I hear that someone used to have the same issue and can fix it by updating firmware or software. Maybe you can send an email to TP-LINK support and double check it with them.
Options
2013-06-04 17:55:51

stella wrote

Hi.
I hear that someone used to have the same issue and can fix it by updating firmware or software. Maybe you can send an email to TP-LINK support and double check it with them.

Hi, thanks for the advise, but I can't find any firmware updates to this product (M5350). I already sent an email to the support team, but still haven't received any answer. :(
Options
2013-07-29 16:07:50
Same here.
I applied the most recent version "M5350_V1_130620" but I cannot establish a VPN connection.
Also no chance to disable any potential (?) firewall feature in the M5350.

Sadly the release notes explicitly state the VPN feature.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 3

Related Articles