WiFi quitting after data transfers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-21 21:11:04
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.1 Build 140916 Rel.65058n

ISP :

Hi,
I have a problem with my WiFi. When I transfer data from my NAS to my notebook over WiFi it quits service at some point. ALL WiFi devices in the network are disconnected then and the only thing that seems to help is a reboot. I use 2.4GHz only. After the WiFi breaks down I can still access the network and internet over the LAN ports and the webinterface of the router shows "STA-ASSOC" as status for all WiFi devices. I upgraded to the most recent firmware today but it didnt solve the problem. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to fix this?
Thanks
Options
4 Reply
Re:WiFi quitting after data transfers
2014-10-22 09:47:34
So weird... transfer data from notebook to notebook works OK?
When they are disconnected, can you still detect 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and reconnect to it? Lights are normal?
Options
2014-10-24 05:21:19
Yes I can still see it and connect to it, but it says "Limited or no connectivity". I cannot ping any of the WiFi devices nor can the WiFi devices ping any device in the network. The same happens for notebook-notebook data transfers. After a few GB it just quits. Lights on the router are all normal.
Options
2014-10-24 09:22:16
You can try different channels like 1, 6 or 11 and try channel width 20MHz. Without data transfer, your Wi-Fi connection is working OK?
Options
2014-11-24 09:12:23
yep. but nevermind. I switched to OpenWRT a while ago, now it runs perfectly
Options