Very disappointed in wireless range of TL-WR1043ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-24 04:49:26
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.17.38 Build 140613 Rel.55867n

ISP :

Recently I purchased the newest version of the TL-WR1043ND. Initially I was quite happy with the functionality but I am very disappointed in the wireless performance of this router. I had a BT Home Hub 3 before this and I was hoping this would be an "upgrade" but sadly it has been the opposite! The home hub 3 beats this hands down on most of the wireless range tests I have conducted.

I then decided I would upgrade the antenna on the TL-WR1043ND to the black 8db antenna. I was pretty shocked to find out that this made absolutely no difference whatsoever! Not one bit of difference from a supposed "upgrade"!

I have tried the router in every different spot that I can think of, as well as adjusting the antenna to every different angle possible, but its just a very poor performing piece of hardware when it comes to wireless range!

Anyone any advice??

Thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Very disappointed in wireless range of TL-WR1043ND
2014-10-24 09:31:56
So...what's the current wireless coverage of WR1043ND and what's your expected range?
Tried different channels?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 303

Replies: 1

Related Articles