Print server HCL og subnet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-27 17:03:37
Region : Denmark

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi.

If we only talk about printing (and not scanning), is it possible til use the C7 as a print server together with printers not on the HCL-list?

And can I connect the printer attached to it like:

\\printserverIP\cue-name (and if so, what is the cue-name for a USB printer connected that way?) - or do I have to sit on the same LAN as the C7?

Regards, Lars.
Options
10 Reply
Re:Print server HCL og subnet
2014-10-27 18:20:21
Hi,

TP-Link routers are not good to connect a USB printer.
They require a special tool on each PC.
I didn't succeed to use mine simply as I did with the DD-WRT firmware...
Options
2014-10-27 18:44:08

HiSpeed wrote

Hi,

TP-Link routers are not good to connect a USB printer.
They require a special tool on each PC.
I didn't succeed to use mine simply as I did with the DD-WRT firmware...

Can it be shared on a server and then have other clients print to this shared print queue?

Regards, Lars.
Options
2014-10-27 20:04:03
Which kind of server?
Options
2014-10-28 01:18:26

HiSpeed wrote

Which kind of server?

It could be any. Let's say Windows 2012 R2

Regards, Lars.
Options
2014-10-28 02:38:42
With a network server, on each PC you have to define a local printer on TCP/IP port...
Options
Dd-wrt
2014-10-29 05:52:07

HiSpeed wrote

With a network server, on each PC you have to define a local printer on TCP/IP port...

Yeah - I know.

Just a question if the server can connect to the TPlink printserver if they are not on the same subnet.

I googled DD-WRT and I found some posts on the dd-wrt forum from a "HiSpeed" - maybe this is you?

Would you recommend dd-wrt on the C7 v. 1.0?

Is it better - more stable, secure, flexible... and is it supported well enough?

Is the firmware keept updated decently?

Regards, Lars.
Options
2014-10-29 15:16:15
I'm no more member of the DD-WRT forum because banned... ;-))
It is managed by unscrupulous people capable to modify the content of your post, or suppress it, without any explanation.
These guys (Murrkf, etc.) are intellectually very limited, they don't accept any contradiction, the greatest idiots I saw on the web.
They don't understand that this form of censorship is from another age, a shame for the forum world.
I tried to explain this situation to Brainslayer (the main devlopper of DD-WRT) without success...

Regarding now DD-WRT, it's a very powerfull software that I use on my Linksys E3000.
The print server works very well with it.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of versions and it is very hard to identify the best from the forum...

Regards,
Options
2014-10-29 15:25:41
I'm no more a member of the DD-WRT forum... because banned... ;-))
This forum is managed by unscrupulous people capable to modify the content of a post, or suppress it, without any explanation.
These guys (Murrkf, etc.) are intellectually very limited, they don't accept any contradiction, probably the greatest idiots I saw on the web.
This censorship is a shame for the Internet world.
I tried to explain this situation to Brainslayer (the main developer of DD-WRT) without success...

Regarding now DD-WRT, it's a very powerful software that I use on my Linksys E3000.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of versions and it is very hard to identify the best from the forum...

Regards,
Options
2014-10-29 17:52:28
Probably, but I'm no more a member of the DD-WRT forum... banned... ;-))
This forum is managed by unscrupulous people capable to modify the content of a post, or suppress it, without any explanation.
These guys (Murrkf, etc.) are intellectually very limited, they don't accept any contradiction, among the more stupid moderators of the web.
I tried to explain this censorship to Brainslayer (the main developer of DD-WRT) but without success.
He's probably not enough clever to change this situation...

Regarding now DD-WRT, it's a very powerful software that I use on my Linksys E3000.

Regards,
Options
2014-10-29 21:58:42
Probably, but I'm no more a member of the DD-WRT forum... banned... ;-))
This forum is managed by idiots, capable to modify the content of a post, or suppress it, without any explanation.
These guys (Murrkf, etc.) are intellectually very limited, they don't accept any contradiction, among the more stupid moderators of the web.
I tried to explain this censorship to Brainslayer (the main developer of DD-WRT) but without success.
He's probably not enough clever to change this situation...

Regarding now DD-WRT, it's a very powerful firmware that I use on my Linksys E3000.

Regards,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 813

Replies: 10

Related Articles