How to block internet access completely during night for a number of PCs/devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to block internet access completely during night for a number of PCs/devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-29 21:20:53
Region : Netherlands

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.13.34 Build 131217 Rel.60903n

ISP :

Hi all,

I have a Archer C7 v2, firmware 3.13.34 Build 131217 Rel.60903n.

I would like to use the parental controll or access control of the C7 to do define a number of PCs and mobile devices by MAC address which shall have no internet access at all during night.

How to do this?

I checked parental control settings, but this has only 4 parental PC's which still have access to the internet. And it blockes the internet access by website, not completely blocked.

I checked the access control settings, but this also blocks by domain or ip adress, not completely blocking the internet access.

Is there a way to fully block the internet access?

Thanks for your reply!

Best regards,
Dre
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to block internet access completely during night for a number of PCs/devices?
2014-10-31 18:58:53
I think you might be able to use the firewall but not sure. This is often suggested as a solution to the clunky parental controls and trying to limit access by time and not site.
Options
Re:How to block internet access completely during night for a number of PCs/devices?
2014-11-01 19:54:52
Tutorial - how to use parental control function - http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=350
Options
2014-11-03 01:44:39
Thanks for your replies.

I'll check the parental control guide. However, I saw that the "parental PC (devices)" is limited to only 4.

I have been looking for guides using the access control. It seems that there is a target that blocks all internet access. See attached image.
Just testing it now...

Regards,
Dre

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 857

Replies: 3

Related Articles