TL-WA801ND Ver2.1 - HELp - Not Sure How to Setup as new AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-30 20:19:36
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : PlusNet

Hi

Ive just purchase a TL-WA801ND with the hope of further extending WIFI coverage within a reasonable sized property. A couple of years ago a company came in and setup the Wifi etc and it has worked perfectly.

The properties current setup is - PlusNet Router and then 2 x ZyXel WAP3205's (both plugged directly into Ethernet) which both have separate SSID'si in this area to give it WIFI signal (and create wireless3).

After reading online about the ZyXel units I decided to steer clear of additional as they are apparently difficult to setup for the novice (like me) - so went for the TP as was recommended. Ive tried to follow the instructions but do not appear to have had much success. I'm not really sure how to achieve what I am after....

I want the TP-WA801ND to be a new SSID - plugged in to existing network via Ethernet to give a new wireless signal for that area - I don't really understand how the 2 x Zyxel units work/are configured as I can move them around anywhere and plug them into Ethernet and they just work (company that installed them for me want to charge to come out to do anything for me again and I assumed that it should be relatively easy to add to this setup myself?). However this is in effect what I am trying to achieve with new WAP.

Ive looked online and just got confused....some videos show people changing IP addresses of main routers in order to configure the AP etc but tried a couple of things without much luck.

Please Help!!!!!
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA801ND Ver2.1 - HELp - Not Sure How to Setup as new AP
2014-10-31 10:29:23
You need to connect WA801ND to router by cable and use it as an access point, or you need to extend wi-fi range by it?
To work as an access point, you can simply reset it and its default wi-fi name is TP-LINK_******.
To configure it as a repeater, http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=492
In repeater mode, you cannot set a new SSID for it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 534

Replies: 1

Related Articles