3GUtility needs Admin credentials to run

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-30 22:01:16
Region : Belgium

Model : MA260

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0

ISP : Telenet

Good day,

When I want to start the 3GUtility, it prompts for Administrator password when I am logged in as regular user.
Since the laptops are used by regular users who are not allowed admin rights, it means that they can not use it.

Is there any new version of this software or a setting somewhere?

I tried using the RUNAS command from CMD, but then it gives the error: "User configure file load fail!"

Anyone an idea on how to solve this?
Options
3 Reply
Re:3GUtility needs Admin credentials to run
2014-10-31 11:17:21
Can you make changes to the account?
1. Control panel -> User Account and Family settings ->Add or remove user account. Click on Manage another account and choose the account which need to be modified.
2. Change the account type to be Administrator.
Options
2014-10-31 18:41:21

Ada wrote

Can you make changes to the account?
1. Control panel -> User Account and Family settings ->Add or remove user account. Click on Manage another account and choose the account which need to be modified.
2. Change the account type to be Administrator.

I can make them Administrator, but they can't stay that way.
They are not allowed to have admin rights as it is a company policy.

I fumbled around a bit with the rights but it seems that only the build in Administrator account does not get a prompt.
Even other accounts with Admin rights that I added still get a UAC prompt asking them Yes or No.

And I can't take away the rights of the build in Administrator account either, only disable it.

I really need to get this working, otherwise I'll have to sell the 3G sticks as we can not use it in any way.
Options
2014-11-03 12:26:16
No method except that there is a PC you can run the utility as an Administrator.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 166

Replies: 3

Related Articles