Intermittent internet connection on TD-W8960N v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-31 19:22:32
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have an intermittent internet connection issue with my TD-W8960N v3 wireless router. I have tried everything I can think of, including updating the firware and changing the channel to 11, after identifying it as being one not being used by other WiFi devices I can detect.

When the internet connection drops, I still have a strong wireless connection to the router, it is just that there is no connection to the internet. The issue is seen on all devices I connect to the router (phones, tablet, laptop).

I have to regularly reset the router to resolve this issue. Sometimes it can be hours between the issue occurring, other times I will see it every 15 minutes or even more regularly.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. If this could be a fault with the router then I will happily upgrade, however, I am reluctant to buy a new one if the problem is related to something else!

Thanks,

Richard
Options
3 Reply
Re:Intermittent internet connection on TD-W8960N v3
2014-11-03 10:05:23
Your device is a little bit old... Cable connection to it works OK? Can you login its web interface when connection drops?
Options
2014-11-04 06:09:25
Hi, just to clarify, the model of my wireless router is TD-W8960N v3 but I couldn't see it on the selection list, I only purchased it a couple of years ago. Is it really that old, perhaps it was an old model but I didn't think so.

I can log into the router web interface when the internet connection is down, I have attached two screen snips, to show the "working" and "not-working" diagnostic page:

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard
Options
2014-11-04 16:40:55
Hi, I have noticed that I posted this in the wrong place, so have reposted in the correct area for the router I have w8960n. If you have any suggestions then please could you go to the correct section, don't want people duplicating efforts. Sorry for the mistake.
Options